If you're having trouble recording with your computer (you're stuck on a grey screen that stops you from recording or you can't hear audio), there's a good chance that Camio doesn't have adequate permissions from you to work!
When you open camio.com/cam for the first time, your Chrome & Firefox browser will ask you to allow Camio access to your computer's camera. If you accidentally clicked "Deny" or "Cancel", here's how to fix it.
For Google Chrome
- Open camio.com/cam in a new tab in Chrome
- Look at your address bar for a small camera icon (it may have a small red x on it). Click on the icon to open your Chrome camera permissions and make sure they say:
- Click "Done"
- Refresh the page. The red x should now be gone and you'll be able to record!
- Open camio.com/cam in a new tab in Firefox
- Look at the left of your address bar for a small lock icon. Click on the icon to open your Firefox camera permissions to make sure they permit access:
- Click "Allow", and refresh the page. You should be able to record!