If you're having trouble recording with your computer (you're stuck on a grey screen that stops you from recording), there's a good chance that Camio doesn't have adequate permissions from you to work! When you view www.camio.com/cam for the first time, your Chrome & Firefox browser will ask you to allow Camio access to your computer's camera. If you accidentally clicked "Deny" or "Cancel", here's how to fix it:
For Google Chrome
- Open www.camio.com/cam in a new tab in Chrome
- Look at your address bar for a small camera icon (it may have a small red x on it). Click on the icon to open your Chrome camera permissions.
- If "Continue blocking camera access" is selected, then click on the top option, "Always allow www.camiocam.com to access your camera" (Don't worry - Camio can only record when you tell it to!)
- Click "Done"
- Refresh the page. The red x should now be gone and you'll be able to record!
- Open www.camio.com/cam in a new tab in Firefox
- Look at the left of your address bar for a small lock icon. Click on the icon to open your Firefox camera permissions.
- If "Block" is selected for the "Use the Camera" option, then click on the "Allow" option (Don't worry - Camio can only record when you tell it to!)
- Refresh the page. You should be able to record!
Yay it works!