Camio enables you to enlist other people to use their own devices to record to your account. You send each person either a link or QR code that enables his/her device to act only as a recorder for your account (i.e. without access to the content in your account).
There are two ways to connect the other cameras to your Camio account:
- Link - recipients click the link from the phone/tablet that is recording.
- QR Code - recipients open the code in a browser and scan it with their recording phone/tablet.
If the people recording can receive a message from you on their recording devices, then you can send them a link that starts recording immediately.
For example, say that you have colleagues in two offices in Boston and Dallas, and your camio.com/token is abc123. Then you'd send two emails - one to each person in each office - with links like these:
Note that the camera name is specified by the c= parameter at the end of each link.
If people cannot receive email on their recording devices, then they can scan a QR code by opening links like these in any Web Browser:
Each person then:
- opens the link to display the QR code in a Web Browser
- opens the Camio app for Android or iOS to press 'Record with QR code' on the sign-in screen
- scans the QR code and presses the Record button
This is an example of the QR code page:
The QR code scanning is a one-time thing. The Camio app will subsequently open in recording mode each time - without the need to scan the QR code again.
Mail Merge Tool
To make it easy to send people the required links for Delegated Recording, Camio provides a Google Worksheet for Delegated Recording Mail Merge.