The setup steps vary slightly based on whether your Box has a built-in camera (most do not).
Camio Box without built-in Camera:
- Plug in the AC power adaptor into the power port on the side of your Camio Box and attach your Box to a router via an ethernet cable.
- Find the MAC address of your Camio Box (it's printed on a slip of paper in the packaging your Box came in). You can also use a network-scanning application like Fing if you don't have the paper slip.
- Go to https://camio.com/box/register and enter the MAC address with no colons and in all upper-case, then click the Register button.
Once your Box is registered, click Next to go to your camio.com/boxes page. After the network scan has completed, choose the cameras you’d like to connect to Camio and give each of them a unique name that describes its location (e.g. "backyard", "front") for easy search & alerts.
The steps above come after you've connected your cameras to your local network. If they're not yet connected, then see these instructions.
Camio Box with built-in Camera:
- Plug the AC power adaptor into the USB port on the side of Camio Box.
- Open the camio.com/box/register page in any Web browser. Open the section "Box (with built-in camera)". Enter the requested information and press Next to create your QR code.
- Hold your QR code about 12 inches in front of the camera lens built-in to the front of Camio Box until you hear the confirmation sound from your browser or see the fast-blinking green light on Camio Box.