Yes, you can upload a CSV file that defines your video streams. Especially when working with large lists of cameras in many locations, it's helpful to assemble the full inventory of camera/NVR/VMS streams in a spreadsheet / worksheet. As the person importing the CSV file, you must have "Can Manage" permission on all accounts listed in the CSV file under the column named "user_email". See How to create a CSV file.
- Open camio.com/tools/cameras/import and Choose File:
- Select the CSV file that contains the definition of your video streams and press Upload File.
- Review the email confirmation that reports any rows skipped due to data validation errors after you see this message displayed when the upload has completed:
NOTE: the minimum required fields for successful import are listed below. When omitted, the local_camera_id is created automatically from the mac_address of the camera.
- user_email (which is the content owner's email address)
- mac_address (MAC of the camera, though this must be accurate only when using mac2ip rather than static ip_address)
- name (the camera name)
The user signed-in and submitting the CSV to be imported must also have Can Manage permission each account specified by user_email in the CSV.