- Camio Box
- USB Flash Drive
- Familiarity with copying files to a USB Flash Drive
What does a reset do?
A factory reset will cause the Camio Box to:
- Revert to the original version of the software that came with Box from the factory.
- Reset all networking settings to their defaults. (reverts to DHCP if you had assigned a static IP)
Resetting your device to factory settings will not unregister the device from your account, nor will it remove information about the cameras detected on the network.
How do I reset my Camio Box?
- Insert your USB flash drive into a computer.
- Create a blank text file called "reset".
- Copy the file called "reset" into the root folder of the flash drive.
- Turn off your Camio Box.
- Insert the flash drive into one of the USB ports of your Camio Box.
- Turn on your Camio Box.
- Wait 2 minutes for the reset to complete.
- Power off, then remove the USB flash drive and re-power your Camio Box.
The device will now have reverted to factory settings.
Why would I want to reset to factory settings?
This is an advanced feature that most users will never have to use. The purpose of the factory-reset is to recover a Box that is unable to communicate with Camio servers. This could happen if:
- Box loses power during a firmware upgrade.
- You change network settings to invalid values that take the Box offline.