RECOMMENDATION: Don't reset unless the Box is offline and unreachable.
- Camio Box
- USB Flash Drive
- Familiarity with copying files to a USB Flash Drive
What does a reset do?
A factory reset will cause the Camio Box to:
- Revert to the original version of the software that came with Box from the factory.
- Reset the network settings for all NICs to their defaults. (reverts to DHCP if you had assigned a static IP)
- Clear the main storage disk of all videos and event metadata.
Resetting your device to factory settings will not delete the device configuration, but you will have to reregister the device from the camio.com/box/register page. Once the device is reregistered it will contain the same camera configuration that it did before the factory reset was performed.
How do I reset my Camio Box?
- Insert your USB flash drive into a computer.
- Create a blank text file called "reset". (no extension, so NOT reset.txt, just reset).
- Copy the file called "reset" into the root folder of the flash drive.
- Turn off your Camio Box.
- Insert the flash drive into one of the USB ports of your Camio Box.
- Turn on your Camio Box.
- Wait 5 minutes for the reset to complete.
- Power off, then remove the USB flash drive and re-power your Camio Box.
The device will now have reverted to factory settings.
note - the reset process will generally only take 1-2 minutes but it can take up to 5 minutes to complete for the 1700 series Camio Box devices. It is recommended that you wait at least 5 minutes before powering off the device and removing the USB stick to ensure that the reset was applied.
How do I know that the reset succeeded?
When the update is applied, the "reset" file in the USB drive will be deleted. If you want to confirm that the reset was applied, check the contents of the USB drive and ensure that the "reset" file was removed.
Why would I want to reset to factory settings?
This is an advanced feature that most users will never have to use. The purpose of the factory-reset is to recover a Box that is unable to communicate with Camio servers. This could happen if:
- Box loses power during a firmware upgrade.
- You change network settings to invalid values that take the Box offline.