By default, your content at camio.com is accessible only to you. Unless you explicitly authorize another person to view your content, no one else can see it - not even Camio employees. So when you want to share some portion of your content with another person, you have three options:
- Share selected Events as a link that includes only a small portion of your content, no sign-in required.
- Share a Query Link that enables users to search within the constraints of your shared query, no sign-in required.
- Add a Guest to allow someone to access all your content, sign-in required.
Share selected Events from your web browser
For example, say you want to send a quick email to all neighbors warning of these coyotes passing through your back yard! You want to make it easy for anyone with the link to see only the two events you want to share.
Just select the checkbox in the upper right of each event you want to share, as in this example that selects 3 events:
Then click the Share button and choose the green Link:
The sharing options are:
- Facebook, Google+, Twitter: posts to those social media sites.
- Donate to Science (the lab beaker icon on the far right): shares the selected Events with Camio engineers to analyze problems.
- Link: creates a link to copy and paste into email or other sites.
After you click the green Link button, copy the link shown at the bottom:
Share selected Events from your mobile app
Select the events you wish to share by taping the checkboxes visible in the top right corner of each event. Once you've checked one or more events, the multi-select menu will appear in the top bar. Tap the share icon to share all of the currently selected events.
On iOS, you can also tap the overflow menu (...) to access other options like Save to Camera Roll. On Android, this option is available directly under the sharing menu.
Share a Query Link
See the description of Camio Query Links.
Add a Guest
For family members and friends to sign in to see your video, add them as Guests on your account. Enter their email addresses in the Guests section of the Settings page:
Note: Your added Guests will be able to view your video only after they have verified their email address. If your Guest signed-in with Google or Facebook, then their email address has already been verified; but if they signed-in via the Email method, then they must verify that they own the email address. If they didn't keep the Camio welcome email with the email verification link, then they can resend the email verification.