The regular zip-file download is great when you're downloading only a handful of selected events. Please see this article on downloading zip files.
For advanced users
If you want to download a large amount of content spanning a long period of time, then you'll need to use a more advanced shell script that runs curl commands to download every file that matches your particular query.
For example, to download the Top Events recorded from May 1st to May 3rd by your Door camera, open the Camio app in your browser and:
- enter a date-range query like [ Door May 1st to May 3rd ] and press Search
- click the Download script button in the Experimental section of the Search panel you see when you click inside the Search box:
- open your email or Camio inbox to open the message with subject "Your Camio download script" and click the link to download your .sh shell script:
- Open a Terminal window in your Downloads folder and add the execution permission to the downloaded shell script with the command:
chmod u+x camio-download.sh
- Run the script at a time when you can leave your computer on for as long as it takes to download all the files with the command:
- All your downloaded files will be in a folder named like camio-YYYYMMDD (e.g. camio-20160528), organized by camera name and timestamp: